Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I had a GREAT weekend! On Thursday I helped out with a Stake Y.W./Y.M. party at the church. I borrowed Kristen's clown costume that we spend the entire weekend sewing about a month ago.

On Friday I helped in Kristen's class for their Halloween party. We took Jacob and he got to hang out with the kindergarteners as well. He had a great time. It was kind of a crazy day at school, but the kids had a blast.


After I got home, I set up all the Halloween decorations in my yard for the trick-or-treaters. We had a coffin, skulls, bones, spider webs, black lights and a fog machine. I'll bet we had over 100 trick-or-treaters. It was perfect weather and we had a great time visiting with all of the people who came over. The kids had a great time laying in the coffin and playing dead. Riley's favorite part of Halloween this year was being "in charge" of pushing the fog button on the fog machine. It was a lot of fun. All the kids got a turn pushing it and feeling like they were "in charge" of it as well. We only made a few kids cry.





Saturday was spend cleaning up and helping in Kristen's classroom to get everything ready for November. I'm sure I never realized how much time it takes for teachers outside of classroom time when I was a kid. I help Kristen out as much as possible, but she's there late everynight and spends many weekends there as well. Not to mention anything about how much time she spends in the evenings at home. We all need to be more grateful for our teachers. You're a great teacher Kristen.

Friday night we went to a party for our friend Peggy Wilkinson. She just turned 80. Her health is in poor condition. It was so good to see her and our friends from Wilkinson's Trophy and the old 1st ward. Both Kristen and I worked at Wilkinson's Trophy for over 7 years each.

After that, we went to see "Aida" at the Hale Center Theatre in Orem. It was a great performance and I really enjoyed the show. "Aida" was the first show I saw in New York so it has a special place in my heart.

Today was Brianna's baby blessing (Mark and April's daugher). She is their 3rd child and 7th Grandchild in the Johnson Family. It was a nice blessing. The rain made it hard to get everyone together afterwards for a family picture so I could only get a few small groups.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all of your help this weekend. It was sure busy, but fun. We decided to get our pajamas on after church and we stayed at home to relax.