Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wicked the Musical



This weekend I had the opportunity to go see "Wicked the Musical" with some of my family members. It was GREAT!!! I was lucky to get through the phone lines on the day that the tickets went on sale to the general public and I bought the maximum amount of tickets allowed (eight). I just knew that I was going to get tickets and told my mom that I'd get through the lines. No one believed me. It was a wonderful suprise.

The performance was excellent and we all had a great time. Kristen, Nathan, my mom and I all saw Wicked in Chicago several years ago and I've been addicted to the music ever since then. This performance was as good as it was in Chicago. Kristen didn't want to give the ending away to her kids (Sammie & Joe) and it was really fun to see their expressions when it was over. Megan gave us a concert version of the music the whole way there. It was nice to be able to go together and I would love to see it again (especially since I had the worlds tallest man in front of me and I could only see the performances when they were on the sides of the stage - anything center stage was in the view of this man's head).









It was a nice way to end the weekend since the first part of it was spend putting on a funeral for my mother's brother (uncle Richard). The weather was excellent for a funeral. He was in the military so they had a 21 gun salute by the military at the funeral. It was nice to see his friends and all of the family members that came and shared memories of "Muff".

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hey are you doing your student teaching yet? I forgot to ask you how you like the education program when I was visiting. When do you finish classes/courses? Good luck!