Friday, October 3, 2008

Here we go!

Okay, so I don't really understand this whole blog world that I live in. At first, I thought "why on earth would anyone want to write about themselves on the internet for the whole world to see". And then I found that I love reading other people's blogs and check them regularily for updates. That doesn't mean that I expect anyone else to enjoy reading my blog. But I guess this is the modern way of keeping a journal - only everyone gets to read it. And only because I suck at keeping a real journal, I thought I'd give this whole blogging thing a try.

The funny thing is that almost every blog that I read is a brag session (no offense) for people to talk about their spouse and children. I don't have either of those (and I live a really boring life) so I don't know what I'm going to blog about. Therefore, I'll probably just blog about girls camp, recipes I enjoy and activities that I do with my nieces and nephews. But, if I were to keep a real journal, those are probably the same things that I'd write about as well.

Also - I'm really bad at just leaving the mass amount of pictures I take on my memory cards and never printing them or doing anything important with them (I leave a camera in my purse at all time). Maybe this will be an outlet for them to come from the dark and be on display for a short while. I need to get better at managing my photos as well.

So... here I go on this journey of blogging. I don't know what I'm doing or how to manage a blog site (I'm going to have to take lessons from Kristen, Michelle and Mardi). I don't have anything important or exciting to share and I can't promise this blog site to be a very good one. But, this is my life. Welcome to the world of Shelly. Let the fun begin...

1 comment:

Michelle C. said...

Admit it, it's kind of fun. I will show you all my tricks of blogging. I owe you a free lesson. Now we just need to get you on Facebook. Baby steps.