Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a Wonderful Weekend!!!

I LOVE FALL IN FOUNTAIN GREEN!

Last weekend (Conference weekend), we went to Fountain Green with the Baumgartens and the Cochrans. It was a ton of fun. We first stopped in Santaquin at the Red Barn for a wagon ride to their pumpkin patch. We didn't need to buy any pumpkins because of our crop in Fountain Green, but it was fun to watch the kids run through the pumpkins and we all enjoyed the ride to their crop.


















































We were able to watch all 4 sessions of conference. It was nice to stay in our P.J.'s and just relax while the kids played. In between sessions on Saturday, we took the kids up to the Fish Hatchery. I have no idea how many times we've gone to see the fish there, but it never gets old. We all had the opportunity to feed the fish. It was fun to see the fish splash all over us as we gave them their food.



Saturday night the big boys went to the Priesthood Session in Moroni while we stayed home with the kids. The girls all had a "Girl's Night In" party and painted nails with fun Halloween decals. We put the little boys in the front bedroom to watch a movie while we had the girls party.


















































The kids had a great time playing with each other the whole time. Everyone got along so well and we really had a blast. The kids were really good for being stuck in the house both days (the weather was really rainy and we were only able to be outside a little bit on Sunday afternoon).























I was able to harvest a few of my pumpkins and sunflowers that I have been growing all summer long. I still have a bunch on the vines that we didn't harvest because they aren't orange enough yet. I LOVE growing pumpkins. I would love to do the whole backyard with pumpkins (if I didn't have to worry about getting water to them). The Indian corn isn't ready to harvest yet but I'm looking forward to that day. It's like Christmas morning with each ear that we open.
































My biggest challenge that weekend was building a huge roller coaster out of K'nex. Nobody thought I'd get it finished in time for the kids to play with this weekend. Well, I probably wouldn't have if Kristen didn't come and help with the last part. We finally did finish it just in time for the kids to play with it for a short while before loading up the cars and heading for home. We'll be leaving this one up for some time now.






















It was so nice to get away and relax with good friends, good food and great messages of hope.

4 comments:

Tori said...

Shelly welocme to the blog world. It is a very fun and time consuming hobby. I look forward to your posts and keeping in touch. Looks lik eyou guys had a fun weekend in Fountain Green

Holly said...

Hey Shell! Sounds like a ton of fun. I wish my family had a retreat like that! I'm jealous of your pumpkin patch. You have a ton! I know exactly how you felt starting your blog because I always thought they were more for people to keep in touch and all of my family and Bert's lives around, so I thought no one would want to look. It's fun though...and like you said, it's a journal!

Mardi said...

Shelly! You started a blog! I love it, and you have lots to brag about btw, rest assured I will be reading :)

Love you!

Michelle C. said...

We had such a great time. The kids still talk about it and can't wait to go again. And can you believe Corey, he was actually decent, for most of it. Thanks for having us.