Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's a Whole New World!

So I've now finished my first week of classes in the Education Department at UVU. I'm amazed at what a different experience it is this time through. The last time I attended college at UVCC, computers didn't really play a huge portion of my education. This time through, I discovered very quickly that technology is a MAJOR portion of my educational experience.

It's a good thing that my friends pressured me to start a blog and sign up on facebook a while ago. It's also a good thing that I've been able to use the computer, e-mail and photoshop in my church calling over the last few years. My first week of school I discovered that most all of my classes give their assignments on class web-sites and my assignments are due through a blog I set-up for that class. Several of my assingments have been to search different web-sites and research materials on the web. I purchased a new computer before I started school and have been able to take it to class and follow along with the instructor. I use it to take notes, turn in assignments and stay organized.

I've also done more reading in the last week than I did the entire year last year. I know that I have a ton more reading coming my way. It's a little bit overwhelming when I'm not use to any kind of schooling and being able to do what I wanted after work. Those days are gone. Now I'm the homework queen.

It's a whole new way of living. I hope that I'll be able to accomplish my church responsibilities and still have a social life while being a student. I'm excited for this new opportunity and look forward to all the exciting things I'll learn along my journey.

4 comments:

Tori said...

You will be great at the whole thing I am sure. You are wonderful at everything you do. Hang in there, and good luck!

Becca said...

You definitely sound like a student! Good luck! And remember "don't sweat the small stuff!"

CHRISTINA said...

Yeah! Sounds like the most important lesson you'll learn is delegation -- especially with your camp calling! Phew, am I glad to be gone! ;)

Mardi said...

School is a full time job and then some! I marvel at what you are supposed to accomplish in a short amount of time. You are definately up for the challenge :) I'm really excited for you in your new chapter of life.
xoxo
Mardi